Minds and Hearts Vision
To be valued by the local and global community as a centre of excellence for psychological services, education and research in autism spectrum conditions.
Minds and Hearts Goals and Objectives
The primary goal of Minds and Hearts is to provide high quality services for people on the autism spectrum, their families and the people who work with them. We seek to make our services affordable and accessible. We are strongly committed to research and teaching activities.
- Maintain a highly educated, trained, experienced and motivated team
- Provide a high level of clinical supervision and training to staff
- Provide an environment to attract, recruit and retain staff
- Encourage and support staff to empirically evaluate their practice
- Support staff where possible to attain higher degrees
- Contribute to the scientific literature
- Ethically develop and test new assessment tools and therapy programs
- Ensure that psychological services provided are at the highest standard
- Ensure we provide ‘value for money’
- Adhere to best practice guidelines
- Be empirically-based
- Develop specialities within ASC
- To abide by our professional and ethical code of conduct
- Introduce and maintain processes that support funding for clients, eg Medicare, Helping Children with Autism
- Ensure that presentations delivered by Minds and Hearts are of the highest standards
- Meet community needs in the presentations we provide
- Provide leadership in our professional community
- Develop partnerships with other bodies to gain funding to provide trainings in regional centres
Workplace, Health and Safety
- Ensure the work environment is safe for staff and clients
Minds and Hearts Mission Statement
At Minds and Hearts we work with the mind, through the heart.
We respect and celebrate people on the autism spectrum.
We are committed to enhancing their well-being, abilities and successes.
Our commitment is born of a passion to understand, enhance and assist.
We value compassion and professional excellence.